PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA spends millions chasing Milton Jones aviation business
Old 12th Oct 2013, 00:48
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a little digging – HERE –

The results for the fixtures.

Gosman 1 v CASA 0. Medical.

Sullivan 0 v CASA 1. Helicopter license.

Hansen 0 v CASA 1. Helicopter license.

Landers 0 v CASA 1. Medical.

Repacholi 1 v CASA 0. Medical.

Oasis 0 v CASA 1. AOC application.

Anderson 0 v CASA 1. Complex Helicopter.

Bryant 1 v CASA 1. Maintenance.

Green 0 v CASA 1. Helicopter license.

Marsh 1 v CASA 0. Exam fraud.

Milt Jones saga.

There was a robust dispute with respect to the facts of the case and the appropriateness of the regulatory action, so I was not prepared to say the case was without merit.
Given the volume of technical and expert analysis the applicant is expected to produce to rebut the video evidence that CASA says will speak for itself, undue haste is unlikely to improve the quality of the hearing, and may undermine the effectiveness of the review. Ordering a stay would permit the parties to take a more measured approach to the evidence in accordance with the current timetable.
I am satisfied it is appropriate to order a stay of CASA’s decision to cancel the applicant’s licence until the conclusion of the hearing or further order in order to secure the effectiveness of the hearing and determination of the decision under review. For the reasons I gave on 27 August 2013, which have been summarised above, I accept it would be desirable to make that order.
The links should work - Be careful out there.....

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Oct 2013 at 00:49.