PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2013, 00:37
Captain Spam Can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justagigolo77 I don't think I would fly or let my family on a Canadian airline, I mean at least with easyjet cadets (and British Airways/Monarch since its the same training school) they go through a tough selection and are trained by ex long haul skippers, mil fast jet guys and the occasional Red arrows mavericks in easyjet, so their getting the best training and are switched on people, in Canada you get trained by some ppl civilian cowboy out of a back garden shed in the middle of nowhere and fly around like cowboys with high accident rates due lack a SA and ability which is fine in your propeller driven aircraft with few SOB but its bad news when you need to fly something big and fast carrying many people when you need to be ahead of the aircraft and understand many systems.........................now how much of moron do I sound?????
And btw I fly for easyjet and haven't paid for a type rating as I'm sure about 70% of pilots at ezy haven't.

And for the record would you let your family fly BA/KLM/Lufthansa? Knowing that the skipper prob flew 100hrs 15years ago in a light a/c and pushed buttons in a jet ever since, sitting next to a 200hr cadet...and guess where the vast majority of experienced f/o's came from in BA's last 2 intakes

Last edited by Captain Spam Can; 12th Oct 2013 at 00:46.