PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Milan-JFK assault
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 21:35
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said, horses for courses. If we take Trader's approach, knock off 15,000 a month. That brings it down to 660,000 a year ($180,000) net with free housing and no bills. Either way, it's a good package.

As an aside, there are always several camps for the buy/not to buy in Dubai. Most mortgages require deposits of around 20% whichever Country you live in. 4.25% was my rate, half fixed for the lifetime of the mortgage. The EK allowance covers the interest, community fees and DEWA and some of the capital. The majority of the mortgage is out of my pocket but it's like having an interest free loan for 15 years. Also, prices rose 35% in the last 12 months. That's not 35% of your deposit, that's 35% of the house value. On a house costing say 4 million, that's an increase of 1,400,000 in a year. That's not a bad return on your 800,000 deposit.

Of course, you need to 'cash in the gain' to benefit. No good if you intend living here for another 10 years and watch the rollercoaster of the Dubai boom or bust ride! If you are here for the ride, just make sure you get off at the right point!

Apologies for thread drift, back to Milan!

Harry