PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 21:23
Uncle Fred

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Valid points indeed Desert. I should have been more circumspect in my posting. I was directing my remarks more toward the frequent trite comments that seem to arise when issues of fatigue are discussed. I make no comment regarding this particular crew's sleep-wake condition. Poor placement on my part I admit.

If my remarks were misplaced, they do however, spring from a lot of years not knowing which side of the clock is which. I have always wondered if we as a piloting group do not do ourselves a disservice by not trying to better research the line between tired and fatigued. I could have been sleeping on the beach in Tahiti for two weeks, but if I miss that first night of sleep I am prone to a diminution of cognitive skills...we all are. Where is that line? Fatigue and "impaired" tired is an interesting region.

Also I greatly admire how the package carriers make it run. Far be it from me to pretend to carry portfolio in what is one of the wonders of the modern logistical world! My intellectual station in life is perhaps too humble to tell them how to improve a well oiled operation.

Last edited by Uncle Fred; 11th Oct 2013 at 21:24.