PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VC 10
Thread: The VC 10
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 19:29
vc10617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jelle
I know why've said it but that's a kink in the L/ edge of the slat. So it cuts into the Fridge pack D nose.It sits over the l/edge D nose. There isn't a recess. The D nose is straight and (Csk) bolted to the angle on the front of the wing box. If you look at that row of "screw heads", .75" (if that) behind those is the start of the actual wing. They're a straight line and it is on top surface. I always used to wonder why they put a triangular fillet in the L/edge between the 1st two D nose panels. I only just realised it was to make up the change in the chord with deeper D nose panels outbd of the fridge pack, You need a picture with the D nose removed inbd of No1 slat jack. The slat jack is above the nearest and smaller round grill, the inbd one is the fridge pack exhaust.
Just remembered. Have a look at those Tech pics from the East African Super manual on you website for detailed picture of the arrangement. They call slat jacks, Rails. The other one to look at is the wing top surface view from the EAA Super. I've been looking for a similar shot of a Super's inbd wing/No1 slat to see if the slat kink is evident, no luck so far!

Last edited by vc10617; 11th Oct 2013 at 19:56.