PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 11th Oct 2013, 17:43
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To understand THY you need to understand Turkish culture and the fact that , while it has many positive sides it is simply incompatible with a modern, efficient safe flight operations. A tendency to machism, a somehow limited view of life, delusional self promotion, a certain closure to the world and a tendency to avoid confrontation, lack of real competencies and gigantic problems of CRM and with the official aviation language. Tick boxing is the result with no real education. A no cheese just holes safety model where the only real barrier is maintenance and technology. The socio-political situation does not help. A vastly crooked opportunistically Islamic Government dreaming, and selling the dream, of a new Empire and riding the waves of a vastly over inflated economy. Good marketing, temporarily favorable economics ( for THY), labor laws and weak unions. As an expat, beside the impossible rosters that will leave no no space for a life, you have to stand all other sorts of negative side effects. Plus the total confusion.It really looks like they really don't know what they are doing. Work permit , resident permits , validations, apron cards,a totally uncoordinated bureaucratic madness. I and, I must say very fortunately , left when they asked me to convert my ICAO into EASA and gave me a month for it. And now I read that they are going to Turkish DGAC license? WTF ??? They really need to put their act together as they don't stand a chance and they are getting a reputation...