PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot - Is it worth realistic/worth it? UK advice needed from Pilots
Old 11th Oct 2013, 15:50
six7driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie boy, I started at about your age, even later as I finished my CPL at age 26 (you can accelerate your career If you have the resources). I finished a university degree as well, and after all was done I was very much in debt and didn't have bright job prospects. But, when you love flying, when all you do is dream of getting paid to enjoy something you loved paying for, it keeps you going. I had to chase the dream though, half way across the world...but by staying humble, and with he help of a lot of good people through the years, I'm a Captain on a wide body jet. It's not the glamorous job it used to be, but it is still fun for me and going to work, most times feels great. The hours are long, the shifts are sometimes bad. You're away from family more than you want to be, but you're doing something you enjoy, period. If you have the passion for it, you're half way here, after that it's all about persistence. Successful pilots are seldom born, like me they take years (17 years in my case) to make. I'd say go for it, I did and I' don't regret a minute! Good luck!

Last edited by six7driver; 11th Oct 2013 at 15:53.