PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 14:49
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTV I think the world be watching this winters DTV operations with interest.

One point that has been brought up a number of times on this thread is what was contained in the Peel DTV purchase contract with the councils?

With it being kept so quiet about what was in the document one can only summise that it may have a clause which some ex bosses made money out of the deal?

Before someone thinks such a thing is impossible, I draw your attention to the latest £6m bonus which was paid to the ex newcastle board director under a special contract clause.
Newcastle failed to claw the money back in court.
Newcastle Airport Loses Multi-Million Pound High Court Battle - Sky Tyne and Wear
It did make me wonder?
Quote from the court case -
"Furthermore it adds that the real reason Newcastle Airport suffered loss was because its non-executive directors failed to carry out their obligations to the company."

Have any of the ex DTV directors got holiday homes in the Maldives or has the original DTV sale contract been shredded?

I find it very odd that Peel managed to place the share hand over clause if the councils didnt come up with more money than Peel paid for DTV in the first place?

Can the MP's find out before DTV closes its doors?