PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 10:02
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI is to continue to move forward this union problem has to be solved once and for all.
You mean "broken" don't you. The key is to realise when you've gone too far, this is union busting. btw "moving forward" is just a meaningless platitude. I don't see anything to cheer about in staff being paid less or made to work to levels no other operator has attempted.
30 new trainees were delighted to be getting a job with EI and I'm quite sure were quite prepared to work hard at 4 per flight.
Yes indeed, for a few years until they burn out and leave so they can be replaced by younger and fresher meat. I know how it works thanks, I'm just sick to the back teeth of seeing it as the medium term result once the bonuses have been paid and management has moved on is a staff merry go round on ever lower terms and conditions. Which is why, unless you're a white collar professional, you need a union.
Look at Ryanair. That's what happens when you have *no* union, that's where Aer Lingus are trying to go with this. If they can remove unionised staff from long haul on the B757, the next step, and one I would fully support were I managing this, would be to break them off the A330 somehow. Three cheers for paying your enthusiastic trainees less with no pension btw The only generation to be poorer than their parents in living memory, because we as a market have really dumb and misplaced expectations of delivery versus cost base.