PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2013, 09:33
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but you seem to be misunderstanding the point of a union.
I know a lot more about unions, proper unions, than you give me credit for. The EI unions still live in the past. Everyone else has moved on. (well, excluding French and Spanish ATC)

Pay peanuts, get monkeys
Just another over quoted cliche used to ridicule any attempt at reform and disrespectful to thousands of hard-working employees.

I am old enough to remember when airlines had their own ground handling staff who were empowered to do things to help you
......and empowered themselves to walk off the job leaving thousands of EI passengers (and passengers of other airlines they handled at the time) stranded for hours at check-in desks, gates and even on aircraft closed up and ready to go. I suppose you don't remember that!

The current EI management is the best they've ever had and if EI is to continue to move forward this union problem has to be solved once and for all. 30 new trainees were delighted to be getting a job with EI and I'm quite sure were quite prepared to work hard at 4 per flight. Their minds will not have been poisoned by old-fashioned and outdated unionised thinking.

Last edited by ayroplain; 11th Oct 2013 at 09:34.