PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7 little weeks of Sadness..... XV109 today
Old 10th Oct 2013, 22:32
vc10617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was dragged off my cushy number the night shift Role desk, because someone down the line remembered me. I ended up down the hangar with a guy straight out of training and a gripper (supplier) I had to change to bottom rudder PFCU. Off giraffes. What a pain trying to kick over the rudder to get one out then the replacement in. Anyway, Catering Sqn. came up trumps. Constant supply of hot drinks and food at meal times. served from tables they'd bought down and plonked them on the hangar floor, so we didn't have to leave the hangar for "beans". Wasn't that nice? I think that it only took about two weeks. I remember it didn't drag on too long,Those cables were bad. If you twisted them against the manufactured twist the centre cable was dust and loose strands, just a void. And towards the end of all this, someone higher up decided we should check the engine control cables! Yeah, some of those were as bad, but not as many as the flying control cables. The whole operation went well though. The amount of work and the relatively short time taken was amazing, bearing in mind these cables, most of them had to be manufactured. Some had leave cancelled and TACEVALS were postponed. As soon as the operation was finished the gits called an exercise!! Is that supposed to be the way to build morale?