PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 10th Oct 2013, 14:36
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money: with the Turkish lira hovering at 2 for a USD and 2.7 for a Euro you will not get much. Salaries are down 30% they tell me since I joined. Fortunately I left when it was still at around 1.7 USD

Weather: pretty nice in summer but cold and rainy for the rest of the year. Istanbul is in the Balcan my friend enjoy the cold wind coming from Russia and black Sea

Food: after having tried every possible combination of ground meat,kebab, white cheese, eggplants, rice , olives and tomatoes and yogurt I can think of a few better places for that too.

Plus you will have the privilege of working for a company that has no whatsoever interest in expat pilots, just a temporary unwanted but needed fix ( don't forget expat became an insurance requirement after the 14th crash in Amsterdam and this show that probably being a scientist does not really makes the difference..may be the opposite ) as this absurd bull**** about University degrees demonstrates and the one to leave in a city where rents are higher than London and where the only thing left of one of the most beautiful city in the World , Bisantium or Costantinopolis, is the bureaucracy. While still interesting as a tourist living there for an expat is constant daily frustration. People are nice.. but you will not bond with anybody as a non Muslim. You might say what you like but at least EK,EY,QR and the like offer much more expat friendly environment and , if you like it, permanent employment with no silly requirements or career limitations.But the Turks has someone said..know better..
As an FO I would stay a few hundreds miles away. They have nothing to teach and ,no career, no go.. unless desperate and for short time.

Last edited by porkflyer; 10th Oct 2013 at 14:43.