PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest KLGA gear collapse.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2013, 14:24
ANCPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A2

Quote:Post 410
Well, actually, given that her job is, in part, to keep the airplane from crashing, it's pretty much indisputable that she *wasn't* doing her job. She was the handling pilot from 400 ft AGL to the impact crater. Doesn't matter how badly the FO may screwed up prior to her taking over, driving the nose strut into the avionics bay is all on her.
Quote:Post 466
Just to be clear, I've never claimed that all pilots who wreck airplanes are, or should be, fired. I just said that it's not an unexpected outcome and not unreasonable. Just as an example closer to the incident at hand, the Midway pilots were not fired, by Southwest, but the Burbank pilots were.

A2,

Make up your mind, before you were adamant that yes deserved to lose her job, she bent her a/c and had no excuse. Why wouldn't the Midway CA deserve to lose his job, landed d/w on contaminated rwy, landed long, went off the rwy and killed someone. In Jamaica, they landed d/w, landed long and went off the rwy. Yet you display a different attitude towards her, what's you reasoning? Yes, they faced demanding situations, but did they face having to land immediately when maybe going around would have seen a better outcome?

Anyone getting uppity about what I've said pls don't get excited, I'm not criticising them.

Last edited by ANCPER; 11th Oct 2013 at 06:46.