PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi ATCO
Thread: Abu Dhabi ATCO
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2013, 08:39
west atc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are getting Abu Dhabi Approach mixed up with the Abu Dhabi ACC which I believe is what is being asked about.

1. Be prepaired to be offered AED 42.000 per month while your colleagues who already work there are being paid 54.000
The starting pay is closer to the higher figure than the lower one but is 5,000 a month less than what people who have been there a while are on.

2. Accept the fact that leave days went from 56 a year to 30 when Serco left and you have to take the 4 days between cycles as leave days
Leave is 34 working days a year at the ACC, for HR benefit it is calculated as 56 calendar days. This has not changed in a long time, just the way they are calculated has.

3. School allowance went from AED 65.000 a year to 50.000 when Serco left which is conciderable when you have to pay around AED 60.000 per child at a good school, plus additional charges.
As I said previously the ACC has no schooling allowance, just a monthly pay.

4. You will have to sponsor your family yourself and go through all the trouble of arranging it because unlike Serco, GAL does not do it.
Not true with GCAA, while they are no where near as helpful as Serco, they do pay for and arrange all sponsorship.

5. Getting days off can be a problem, especially two continuous cycles because of staff shortage.
Again not true in the ACC, but unfortunately for any people looking to come here there are probably too many staff so any new jobs will probably just replace people leaving.

6. With Serco, if you were called out on a standy shift you got a day leave in return. With GAL you have to work 12 standy shifts before gettin one day leave (lieu) back.
In the ACC standby shifts are part of your normal roster pattern do if you get called out you are working a normal shift anyway. If you don't get called out then it is an extra day off.

I won't try to guess what Number 2 is getting at but I would say that there are people who like it here and others who don't. GCAA is far from a perfect employer and the fact the there has been no pay rise in 5 years is affecting morale quite badly.

Last edited by west atc; 10th Oct 2013 at 08:41.