PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 10th Oct 2013, 08:37
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I am happy with my lot. Have loads of disposable. And yes I could have moved a few times but even on highend cadets rates of intial pay it would be a substantial pay drop. And the deals were always a bit dodgy for my liking. We shall see what happens there are always things developing. Maybe that's the reason why I am vocal about all this,. My personal risk factor requirement is quite refined. It needs to be to survive flying my old heap.

Certainly if I thought there was a 5% chance of going off the side of the runway I wouldn't even be attempting an approach. And I wouldn't even have taken off if someone had said before the flight I have a 95% chance of crashing and burning or 50% for that matter or 10%.

Art the job numbers quoted were for UK bases under UK AOC's

Its not really fair to include the rest of Europe because in the main they are quite different to the UK ie they won't employ none nationals as inexperienced new starts. And if there are no locals then there is the local zone of surrounding countries which arn't perfect but won't cause the backlash of hiring a Brit. You can get work with them overcoming language requirements but you need to have a sort after skill such high hours LHS or LTC or TRE. So it doesn't really help the debate because the method of training will always be beaten by the lingo and who issues your passport for low hours. You could have a 45 year old diabetic serial rapist apply for a job against the 25 year old cream of the school. And the 45 year old with the right passport would get the job even if everyone in flight ops wanted the other guy with the Brit passport.