PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 10th Oct 2013, 07:00
Genghis the Engineer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Because if you look at the top of the forum it is titled "Wannabes" I doubt "heavy tin drivers" consider themselves as such.
Going off-topic for one second, I think that we all "wanabee" something, even if it's finally retired.

Me - I "wanabee" a full Professor of Aerospace Engineering, and probably feel about that much the same as many F/Os want that captaincy. We're in great well paid jobs - but there's something better there...

Actually on-topic, just a note about the general debate. Every debate about qualification routes should probably be regularly qualified by some form of "wotcha wannabee". MJ and I both have places we could (and might)go from where we are* - for example - but it doesn't look like either of us "wanabee" a Ryanair driver, or even a BA driver. For many people however, that's their ambition.

Maybe in these debates we should be changing "best" to "best for job X" when describing training routes? Better still be honest and qualify with "but perhaps not as good for job Y".

* That said, I suspect that Mad_Jock may just be one of those rare and happy people truly content in the job he's in. If so however, he's in a tiny minority.

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 10th Oct 2013 at 07:04.