PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some good news/bad news from the EU! EASA FTL rejected
Old 9th Oct 2013, 18:09
Vasco dePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rule by bureaucrats via Poodle MEPs

The EU is about to turn the clock back 40 years in aviation safety terms: To where we were before the Report of the Committee on Flight Time Limitations, chaired by Group Captain Douglas Bader. After UK CAA consideration of the Bader recommendations, the Flight Time Limitations Board was created and we had a significant improvement in FDTLs. Despite this, airlines exploited the limits specified in CAP371 as if they were rostering targets. Heaven only knows what lies ahead of us now.
The EU Commission's handling of this one issue is what is turning me into a Eurosceptic. It has demonstrated why so many people in the UK hate the EU bureaucrats with such passion. I am embarrassed to admit that it has taken this issue, an issue which I know something about, which I feel passionately about to join them in their hatred. I am old and bold enough to remember the days pre Bader Report. Is this the issue which will turn me into a UKIP supporter?