PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 9th Oct 2013, 14:35
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, flarepilot. Here is what a very highly experience aviator (and Saberliner 40 pilot) has to say re your Sabre 40 assertions.

Okay, I have to call BS on this statement:

Quote by flarepilot "Flying it very high by hand was the most demanding flying I've ever idone, but I got the hang of it."

All Sabres were a delight to fly by hand no matter the altitude. So he is one of the worse pilots that has ever flown one, or he is a liar. The only types aircraft I have flown that may have been easier to fly by hand regardless of the altitude, is the Falcon 50/900 series and the Lockheed Jetstar.

Also, the military version of the Sabre 40, the T-39 had no auto-pilot* and were flown single pilot by the US Air Force. Hardly something that they would allow in the "demandingy flying" aircraft that someone had ever flown. One other thing, the wing on the Sabreliners was essentially the same wing as on the F-86 and F-100, both of which had no auto-pilot and were obviously were single pilot aircraft.

So at this point, I believe that the question about the aileron restriction is immaterial. As with the statement of his that you posted, goes a long way of proving this guy a 'Walt'.