PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2013, 12:18
pontifex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen(and possibly ladies),

I have been a Pruner for many years and have read with increasing irritation the inevitable descent of any thread into B vs AB rubbish. Both makes of aircraft have superb safety records but, like anything which has a human input, cannot be absolutely perfect. I have flown well over 100 airctaft types from single engined spam cans to the largest military aircraft in existence. I have also extensively operated both B and AB. In the case of AB, the FBW comes quite naturally after about an hour in the sim and the non moving throttle can be regarded as an advantage if its principles are understood. I have found it a delightful machine to fly manually. The B is equally likeable and, although I do have a favourite, there is nothing really to choose between them. The constant carping that takes place on this web site does nothing to enhance its status and merely give journos false ideas with which to titillate the public and drives the majority of readers to the more intelligent discussions in the Military section.