PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise at Brize Norton
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2013, 22:19
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Whilst having a pop at each other as to the stupidity of having the C130 at Brize and the forthcoming arrival of the 400, you are making you point of view to the wrong people..

I cannot see how they are making a saving of 150 million by closing Lyneham, because they are not closing it, add to that the cost of building facilities at Brize to take the Herc, something that was already in place with the infrastructure to support them at Lyneham. Then add to that the fact you are now having to convert those facilities at Lyneham to turn it into a training base, whilst pulling out of the likes of Cosford that already has the facilities and infrastructure in place. Except Cosford probably won't close fully as you have the Museum there and excellent transport facilities.

Add that little lot up and the supposed 150 mil savings is peanuts. It amazes me that in the 45 years since I did my basic training, the training facilities have moved from St Athans to Halton to Cosford and now to Lyneham, each move no doubt costing a small fortune in both construction of facilities and movement of all the facilities.

Last edited by NutLoose; 8th Oct 2013 at 22:23.