PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 8th Oct 2013, 20:45
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid that despite some evidence of the gentle clicking of back peddling that I was detecting in some of your recent posts, it hasn't quite reversed through your basic dogma.
Absolutely no back pedalling I am afraid. You can dream.

Well I am not sure who the "lot of us" are, but it is wonderful that you are so altruistic
Well you wouldn't would you, it those of us that pick and choose through the CV's in the end of the market you obviously have zero clue about which is normally cruising 10-20,000 ft below you on a different frequency.

For the lucky few who succeed as a cadet entry pilot those figure are circa £40K at entry, rising to £81K
Shouldn't that be the very very lucky very few.

And earning 30k with no debt and living near a regional airport will give you loads more disposable income than paying the tax man loads of cash and paying through the nose for accommodation etc.

There is no animosity just I am replying to your one sided outlook. Yes you get the cream. Good for you. I get the poor sods who don't have anything else to fall back on knocking at the door begging for a job.

And there are hundreds if not into thousands out there integrated trained that dream about earning 21k a year flying a multicrew turboprop. At least its flying.

Yes you see the success, you choose to ignore the distress and finical ruin that your advice reaps. And now the Ryanair have stopped taking folk that will be with the majority of the output.

What to do with 300-400 trained up pilots who's currency is up in 12 months when the next batch come out. Who cares some might say its 25 Million plus into the training system.