PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 8th Oct 2013, 14:56
SanTelmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,
I'm just joining the thread now. I'm concerned about something related about the real career opportunities THY may offer for FO's. Now it is true they are offering a "permanent contract" but in the recruitment advertisements they still request as minimal educational level Hight School.
As at the begging of this thread (2010) it can be seen that well before it was requested a Bachelor degree (four years) to join as FO.
This requirement of University Degree is necessary to be upgraded as Captain. For the time being the procedure for upgrade is clear and strict on that. In the event that an University degree is available, it has to be recognized by Turkish educational council, and then it would be accepted by THY.
I mean, It doesn't sound nice that as first officer, there in not other option than being stuck in that position because the lack of an university degree, no matter the experience, full ATPL etc.
I believe that for the new guys joining the company, this point is not clarified in the interviews and for some FO's already in the company it is still not clear.
Cheers!!