PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "This is what I saw when I looked out my window when we are on approach to land"
Old 8th Oct 2013, 14:16
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid I'm having trouble relating anything in that photo to any recognisable aircraft component/s.
Just because the pic has got some blue sky and clouds in it doesn't mean it was taken up in the air from an aircraft window.
The material in the ragged-looking panel doesn't resemble the construction material of any aircraft part. The spot welds along the joined edge are not aircraft construction style.
Even the "window frame" in the lower left corner doesn't resemble any regular aircraft window frame.
I'm hazarding an educated guess this photo is a scam photo. Possibly some ground-located item, not even an aviation-related component, photographed up close, with the photo possibly inverted or rotated to make it look like something that it's not.

I've pulled up all the similar photos on the 'net - and the original photo description (when moused over) is identical to this following webpage .. thus making me suspect the photo is of a ground-based item around this frozen tundra campsite.

Untitled Document