PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 8th Oct 2013, 11:44
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's only for CTC which has already been said is different.

Still doesn't solve the problem that the supply of places on these courses is 2-3 times more than the market requires.

And if there isn't a significant number of people going through these courses and washing out into the market with everyone else for the none shiny jet jobs the current capacity can't be maintained. And if the capacity goes it takes years to gear up to get it back.

And if they only took what was required the cost of the courses would nearly double.

Once Ezy stop expanding which they pretty much have with all routes that can support a med Jet being supplied already by the loco's. They also have a relatively young Captains base. So then it will be dead mans shoes for job openings or reduction of flying hours as per Ryanair have been doing to be earning a pittance with the loans to fund.

Yes I can understand you want to keep the capacity up. Once gone its gone and things get very expensive very quickly. But there just isn't the demand in the market to keep the current capacity in the supply.

The gamble of the family's assets is not viable in my opinion.

So yes if they make the grade for the wings course go for it. But if they are offered anything else and the failure to progress to the shiny jet job would hamper/ cause financial grief for the family. The odds are its going to happen. If financially its just money on paper disappearing from the kids inheritance, again pay for what you like and I wish you every success.