PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 8th Oct 2013, 08:50
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will stay..

But with what capacity we shall wait and see.

Ryanair was never really seen in my experience as an option for most modular pilots. The economics of it never really sat well. Pay for your type rating don't get paid for a long period of time and all the things you have to pay for. So although people say they preferred certain type realistically the failure rate was more than likely similar when you look at the numbers.

The market that its really going hit is the integrated as that is the bulk of the none tagged jobs. They take nearly 40% of two of the schools outputs.

And

You would be "doing the funding" in any event. Once again I already mentioned that:
The funding I was referring to was funding the airline tagged schemes by keeping the numbers up in periods of drought so that there is still capacity in the system.

Like it or not they have scored a major own goal by running the tagged cadetship schemes for the bulk of the jobs they can get their hands on. If they had left the selection to after completion there would be a reason to go for the courses with the chance there after for the dream job what ever the T&C's were. Now unless your extremely lucky and after Ryanair stops that will mean under 10% of those going through, your in the same boat as everyone else.

There are enough cadetship jobs for 1 medium sized school putting out about 150-200 a year. Not the current capacity of 400-500 a year.

And we shall see what the parents think.....

And if everything was hunky dory with the numbers going through I would suspect that we wouldn't hear anything on here when its said that modular is the way to go for minimising the risk.

But I suspect all of them are hurting and it can only get worse. Fleets are needing replaced and are getting more expensive by the year. Fuel is gong through the roof. EASA is being very difficult with overseas approvals for training. There really isn't enough training aircraft available in Europe to be able to bring the SEP training back or for that matter instructors with the relevant qualifications and experience requirements.

Europe has reached its stagnation point in regards to expansion and some would say that it has over reached its market size. So it will just be retirements and medical which will being replaced. So I expect Ezy to be going the same way as Ryanair in the not so distant future.

So people get to read two different opinions on the subject and we shall see what happens. But none of the effects or policy's are going to be able to be affected by pilots. It will all be accountants and what ever is the cheapest and most profitable for the company's. The current system is a go because it is good for the accountants. As soon as its cheaper to do something else that's what they will do.