PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annual Leave in the Pilots Profession
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2013, 07:06
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think in general, the low cost airlines in Europe want you to work full time from March through to end of October, and then take your holiday. During my time at such a place, there was a constant war on the ability to take time off in the summer, resulting in a restriction to a week for the lucky few, and a reduction in days off during those months - down to 8 if I re-call. For the rest of the people in the business, no such restriction was applied. It would be possible to then be worked hard for the remaining days of the month. Of course you would be finishing late just before the day off, and return back on earlies. Your 7 days off is of course 7 days off. The working week off for those in the office is Mon-Fri. So their week off is 5 days, plus the weekends, so 9 days off in reality. There was some other rule (which I never understood), that if you had holiday, then your 8 days off was also reduced. Try telling that to office staff, that if they took their 2 weeks off, they had to work extra days when they came back! There was no union, so any changes were at the whim of the CEO with a very cowardly DFO to implement them (who didn't fly either!)

Last edited by no sponsor; 8th Oct 2013 at 07:14.