PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Oct 2013, 23:27
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So yes if your going to go that route go for the wings course. If your not on that course your in the same boat as everyone else how ever you train.
Not really! I think I already mentioned that:
Applicants to those schools who are not selected for the fast track courses, may be offered a similar course whereby their actual performance during the course overrides the initial selection criteria, and they can qualify for airline placements on conclusion. The risk is greater (as you might expect) but the opportunity is there.
I am seeing new pilots in the right hand seat of A320's from CTC (IPP,) FTE and Oxford.

And if Ryanair have stopped taking CV's that is going to start a very interesting time for the schools. Its going to mean 50-70% of the graduates next year are going to be unemployed with another batch in the system hot on there tails.
One less airline offering recruitment opportunities cannot be regarded as positive, that is for sure. However given that this seems to be the best hope for a jet apprenticeship for the "modular market" it would seem even more disastrous to that market.

That about sums it up. The chances are your going to be doing the funding unless you are on the wings course at CTC unless on a tagged scheme.
You would be "doing the funding" in any event. Once again I already mentioned that:
They are all self financed. By that, I mean all of them.
Is your parents house really worth that risk?
Only the parents would be deciding that. They have a long track record of making difficult financial decisions and are (in my experience) acutely aware that their offspring's aspirations may not mesh with their financial reality. It is also worth bearing in mind that the principal financing through this route requires a 40% equity in any "house" even after the first/second mortgage has been approved. It also requires the guarantors (parents) to satisfy affordability criteria in the event their offspring's aspirations do not result in success or a timely fulfilment. In other words the lenders strict criteria is likely to be exceeded by the parents own sense of financial acumen and survival. The applicant is not the one taking the risk on the parents house. They can't! It is the parents that would be doing that.

Without your money the cadetships and training method wouldn't be available. So support your local large airline training their pilots. The only way you will get a seat on the airline is by buying one in the back.
The training method is here to stay for the long foreseeable future I am afraid. If airlines continue to recruit cadets (and they have done so for over 50 years now,) they will source them from those sources that satisfy their requirements. Individual schools, airlines, and other companies will come and go. The demand and supply curves will fluctuate as they always do, but hand wringing and hoping it will all go away will do nothing. However if it helps.....

Last edited by Bealzebub; 7th Oct 2013 at 23:28.