PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 DC ESS BUS FAULT after takeoff, would you return?
Old 7th Oct 2013, 17:56
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face thread drift from DC to AC Ess fail

Hi, so far, I`ve got no:-
pax oxy
F/O PFD
Capt PFD
Capt ND
>
DC out
FCU 1
Wing AI
SFFc 1
FD
AP
A/T
Terrain
GPWS
Transponder? . . Here`s a thing, if we have no AC Essential do we have sidestick . . ? If not then are we landing Mech back up? If things don`t switch, then, we have to gravity lower the gear as that won`t work either, nor will we get it back up again once down.
>This is different to a dual genny fail or dual engine fail as at least in these two failures the busses are there for when you get the RAT and/or APU fired up (the latter assuming fuel).
No Rev, in fact, no anything that needs a switch on the AC system.
>
Would the pumps work . . ? Tanks, gravity feed the fuel then . . .
No RAD Alt . . .?

Is there a book somewhere listing all the services which are provided by the AC Essential?
DC Essential too.
>
however, depite the Essential being fried, I notice there are still one or two things which ar AC powered that can work - if they do not go through the AC Essential Bus. for example you have bat (for a small time) which through TRs can give you AC. I MEAN THROUGH THE STATIC INVERTOR CAN GIVE YOU AC (picky City)
>
Also if you still have fuel in the Centre Tank, I assume it stays there?
Realizing I will get all the books in class - I am still a bit sad that I did not pick up fried AC Essentail + DC Essential on the bukshi CBT.

"Good evening - can I help you"
`Yes, I`ll have the Fried Essentail` ` . . . and I`ll have the DC Essentail Bus, does that come with rat, bats and hydraulics . . .?`

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 11th Oct 2013 at 00:45.