PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Oct 2013, 08:54
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair, Eastern. Which I suspect will happen again this year as a fair few experienced crew are off to biz jets and Jet2. There are other operators who are take 3-4 a year as well some in the UK but most else where.

I would agree that Ryanair won't touch anyone under 30 and the majority of those going will be OAA. I am not surprised really that the modular that do apply there might be the cream of the bunch as it seems to be a last ditch effort to get a job. Also as well the modular guys are a bit more finically savy and aren't comfortable with the deal. I have heard they have started handing out tax bills to the pilots based in the UK. 21k has been the largest I have heard of so far for a FO. Unfortunately they seem to be the target for many a tax authority.

Unfortunately what "falls out of the bottom" isn't really what these cadet schemes are looking for.
no they are not but they need there money from them for the system to continue as there isn't enough of the cadets to fund the system.

I am 100% behind people who can get on cadet schemes to go for it. The in for a punt putting on the family's assets as the bet is what I am advising against. Let the airlines pay for there own training system if that's what they want.