PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some good news/bad news from the EU! EASA FTL rejected
Old 6th Oct 2013, 23:54
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's side are you on?!

Cathar : "Pairing is an arrangement where an MP of one party agrees with an MP of an opposing party not to vote in a particular division. This gives both MPs the opportunity not to attend. Pairing is an informal arrangement and is not recognised by the House of Commons' rules. Such arrangements have to be registered with the whips who check that the agreement is stuck to. Pairing is not allowed in divisions of great political importance but pairings can last for months or years." Quote from Parliament UK site.

So you agree with your oppo in the other party that your vote would cancel out their vote, so it's off to the taxpayer-funded second home for a spot of R&R whilst effectively voting whichever way on whichever resolution!

I don't really see what difference this makes in your point, basically they can fail to be there if it's not important enough, like awkward issues such as pilots' working/rest hours?

Are you a professional pilot, as your details are sketchy to say the least?

If you aren't, I invite you to remove yourself from this forum and go argue in Jet Blast or somewhere more suitable.

From your postings I suspect you are

(a) NOT a professional pilot

(b) certainly NOT on our side trying to fight an important issue affecting the lives of all those in the profession, their families and their unsuspecting passengers.