PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 13:46
contacttower118.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This debate just gets rehashed again, again and again...

Originally Posted by mad_jock
But if you think its a great deal you go for it, just don't try and sell it to everyone else. I suspect you are going to be like the previous heralds for the death of modular. You will disappear in 6 months to a year when you finally work out that what we are saying is correct or you end up unemployed and can't face telling the world that you were wrong.
MJ your views are well known on this subject but I don't see why smartguy is any more or less entitled to tell people that integrated is better than you are to argue with it. He may disappear in six months and realise he is wrong but just as likely he'll go along to CTC, get selected for the Wings course and two and half years later or whatever and he'll be at easy and making money...

You've been reading this forum for even longer than I have and I'm amazed you still bother to post in this section considering the repetitive nature of it. All credit I guess...

But seriously though the one thing that I keep coming back to is that there are very few true generalisations to be made about either mod or integrated or uni or not...

I've heard of people doing modular, failing to get a job and either whining about it on hear or just drifting out of flying, I've heard of people doing OAA or whatever and ending up the same, I've heard of people doing modular and walking into a jet job almost be accident the next day, I've heard of people being kicked off integrated mentored schemes, Wings cadets failing the EJ line training. In short the extremes of luck I have seen and heard are truly amazing.

The disparity of views between so many different posters on this subject is testament to the huge variation in fortunes from different backgrounds and how so many different people have achieved their goals via different routes.

In light of that I wish people, on both sides, would just stop trying to ram their own views down each other's throats and appreciate that different experiences bring different perspectives on the subject.

Last edited by contacttower118.2; 6th Oct 2013 at 13:47.