PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay for a type at a legacy carrier?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2013, 12:20
dun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My attitude is no different that anyone who has ever paid for a type rating at a loco.

the "vanity" airline pilot market.
What you are suggesting is not to pay for a TR! You want to offer a company x 3 /4 of what the real price is of th TR.
I've done an honest days work without cheating a single sole
On the contrary though, here we have a very greedy and selfish individual making a suggestion which is akin to sliding a brown envelope stuffed full of cash across the interview desk!
Seriously, your attitude sucks. And is extremely dangerous in the cockpit.
I would simply refuse operating with someone that has an attitude like his.
Many of you replying have either paid or a type or known and worked with someone who has. Have you refused to work with them? Exposed them as cheaters? I doubt you have. You seem to have no problem with people paying 30000, but when I come along with more money and price your friends out, :blah blah blah paying money is wrong etc etc etc....

To the guys who have been here for years: get off your arses and actually do something within your companies. Stop the guys who bought types at locos advancing along in this career, if their CVs arrive at you carrier throw them in the bin! Refuse to work with anyone who ever paid for a type rating!!!! They have the same attitude that I am playing devils advocate with here!!!

Make the now accepted route of 1. Pay for type at loco, 2. apply for next carrier, stop working!!!!