PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 11:38
Artie Fufkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, go on then, I'll bite.

Every pilot that trains modular and then gets a job is taking 30k plus away from the integrated school system. And there are loads of them who are doing just that.
Care you justify that statement with some factual stats, rather than your own general perception?

I wonder how many times the same thing has been said on here that modular is dead. I can remember it being said when I joined PPRuNe as a wannabie before 9/11. I ignored it and went modular, 11 years on I am a Training Captain with over 5000 hours under my belt. Didn't have any debt's afterwards, have paid off the mortgage and the guys which took the advice will only now be paying there last payments on there loans.

If memory serves, the CTC deal at that time was a 7 year repayment, with £1,000 taken out of your salary pre tax, each month for that period. The loan would have been paid off over 5years, with the cadet probably now on an Easy £130k captains salary, with the difference between their salary and your TP training salary paying for the "premium" they paid several times over.