PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 11:32
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should really continue with this conversation in the modular vs integrated thread, however I want to just point out some statements that you have made that I don't agree with

In other words the price of an integrated is not = to the price of to price of modular no matter how you do it
Look, if can afford a modular course, with the aid of a government loan you can afford an integrated course right? And you only pay the loan back once you have earned enough money so you practically only pay the price of a modular course.

Even with your government loans your still in a worse position than a modular pilot once you start work
Well you would have payed the same amount up front as a modular student, so your already in a better position because an integrated pilot with start on a flexicrew contract at a large airline on a salary of 35k a year. However, most modular pilots will have to start as an instructor on about 12k a year. So the integrated pilot is most certainly in a better position.

I'm sorry if my comments are annoying some of you but if I do a ctc wings cadet course I will pay the same amount up front as a modular pilot and I will get to have a gap-year in NZ, a degree and top class training with really good placement opportunities with a large number of partner airlines! - I find it tricky how some of you can come up with reasons why I shouldn't do this