PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 10:48
gpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smartguy

mad_jock is not old fashioned, in fact he is speaking on behalf of the people who simply cannot afford the integrated or the do not wish to attend an integrated program, I my self come from the modular route, and honestly I can say that I finished my training earlier than any other integrated student, had the same opportunities as any other integrated student, and simply I cannot find any faults on the modular program.

However I would like to make a point, some airlines simply do not wish to hire modular student like easyjet, BA.. but then again, if one day you want to work at BA, you can no matter if you are modular or integrated, you just need hours, but if you want to work there as soon as you are done, then integrated is the way.

That said, I am only trying to make some sense to the boy whose original question was if he should do a degree first or not, I am not trying to convince him to go modular, but I am surprised that there are still people who discuss the never ending modular vs integrated topic in an entirely different thread.

Theunderdog if you can afford to go integrated, then go for it, but for the degree matter, I gave you my opinion.

smartguy,
I'll say it once again and that will be the end of it, the government sponsorship is a form of a loan, at some point in your life you will need to pay back, so in other words price of integrated is not = to price of modular no matter how you do it, it's plain mathematics.