PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 10:40
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartguy you can tell me want you like. I will treat it with the same amount credence as anything a wannabie tells me about the airline industry which I work in when they have never sat behind the controls of an airliner and flown it with pax in the back.

So what is wrong with the statement that if your not on a cadetship or on the wings course you have Ryanair or that's it? And even Ryanair has large numbers of modular pilots getting through as well.

And the wings course they don't take just anyone. And compared to the other streams they have relatively few people going through it. I believe the hold pool is over 18 months now for placements and people are getting sent to the likes of lionair.

Even with your government loans your still in a worse position than a modular pilot if you start work.

Loganair have taken on double figures of first type rating pilots in the last year. They won't touch fresh out of school pilots, they only will take ex-instructors. Mainly because they need pilots not automatics operators.

Anyway you may have to wait for my reply because I have to got and strap a JAR 25 aircraft to my backside and line train a modular trained FO how to fly it for 4 sectors.

You have been hooked in hook line and sinker to the marketing.