PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 10:14
smartguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mad_jock - I think you are one of many people on this forum who are very old-fashioned in your thinking of becoming a pilot. It is very old-fashioned to think that you should train to become a pilot modular whilst working another job, then working hard as an instructor for many years, then working at a small operator for a couple of years before moving onto a larger airline.

Nowadays, it is much more common for teenagers to be going to places such as CTC or OAA and working for large airlines at the age of 19.

a placement with a partner airline on a flexi-screw contract. It might not be easyjet, it could be in all manner of poo holes
At least it's a job! A modular pilot wouldn't be able to do much better. I find it hilarious that your still trying to defend modular after I have told you that with the government funding, going to CTC or OAA is the same price as a modular course!

And they don't placed with anyone these days unless your on a cadetship or the wings thing
When we talk about integrated at CTC we do tend to mean the ctc wings cadet program!!! What else is there at CTC? The modular program? I don't know what your talking about, 99% of pilots at CTC are either on the ctc wings cadet program or an airline scheme!