PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Oct 2013, 07:58
gpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats true smartguy but then again you will have to pay the sponsorship given to you by the government.

Theunderdog, firstly I would suggest you to go through the threads about modular vs integrated, then the threads on cadet programs, and finally the threads about a university degree.

From now on universities can offer you a top up course which basically is a one year distance learning course, and you end up with a degree. This applies if you already got your ATPL, which the specific university considers it equal to two years in the university. Most degrees which are available as top-up are related to aviation and management.

Distance learning and top up for engineering is not available, and if you decide to do a 3 or 4 year degree first, just don't choose something related to engineering because it will be useless and doesn't count at all if you want to become a pilot. Obviously you are going to be either a pilot or an engineer, both cannot be combined, at least in the UK.

My personal advice is, firstly go modular to save money, then do a one year distance learning top up degree(you can work as a pilot and at the same time study for a degree at home). I am not sure which universities offer the kind of course, one is kingston and the other is new bucks I believe. do some research on your own.