PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2013, 17:32
Sprinkles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure which cadets you are referring to who left because they were getting zero hours, but I do not know about them.
Perhaps we should meet over a beer then Alex and I'll show in forensic detail how the hours I had received under flexi were so appalling. I'll also show you how CTC threatened me with renaging against my contract when I told them I was leaving. All because easyJet never rostered me with sustainable hours. Yes one month I was flying 60 hours but the next I could be flying <35! In fact my other half could earn more than me in winter months and she was cabin crew! Call me old fashioned but I don't think that's right! But I guess for you it is acceptable because people in their droves are accepting such treatment.

Oh I don't have kids, a mortgage or fancy new car and I was still struggling to live a life under the flexi scheme. Is it morally right for DEPs to accept such deal with a promise from you they may (but might not) be permanent after a year? I'm sorry but I would need more than a 99% chance to commit to being flexi screw for another year. Maybe the more prudent amongst us will wait a year and see how the new guys fair and if all is successful try again. After all there's no seniority list so if you have the hours for command now what harm will waiting another year or two make?

I think digressing and discussing cadets here is irrelevant. Yes the NEC offer is better than what I had when I was there and I think I would be grateful should I be entering at the current point. But this isn't about cadets is it? This is about experienced pilots whom are looking to further their career. Personally I think they are very low risk and deserve some respect with regards to a competitive offer from day one. Being competitive 4-6 years down the line has too many pitfalls. To start with no one here can guarantee T&Cs in the future so telling anyone what they'll earn as a Captain before they get there is irresponsible.

Others may well disagree with my opinion but I have worked for easyjet. I could see the disloyalty and left because I'm a very cynical person. One Captain even told me to leave when a better offer appeared because even he was so cynical about the future at eJ. We had some great conversations! For what it's worth I'm probably earning about £15k+ More per year gross at my current company. Compared to mates just transitioning to 75% perm contracts. Flying exactly the same aircraft, in the same way to the same places. So does easy still sound like a fantastic deal? Where's the icon for what a load of wan*?

If experienced guys really want my advice. Wait for another twelve months. I won't disagree easy is a good place to work with regards to crews and routes but that's about it. Hey if they don't stop expanding you'll have just as much opportunity next year.