PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest KLGA gear collapse.
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2013, 15:06
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANCPER
Okay, do you know what happened for the a/c to go from 2 nu @ 34' to 3 nd in 4 sec .....
There's hasn't been anything official, but it is pretty indisputable that the flying pilot did not correct the nose down condition before touching down.

....and what occurred for her to assume control and when?
The Captain took control between 400 and 200 feet. Everyone has been conspicuously silent about *why* she took over, but by the crew's own testimony the FO was on speed, on course and on glideslope. So that does leave the question of why she tool over control at 400 feet or lower when the approach was stabilized on speed and on glide, doesn't it?

Yes, I think it's wrong to terminate a pilot as a result of an accident prior to a full report
The airline is under no obligation to wait for the NTSB process to be completed. They have their own internal processes, and there is no indication that those have not been completed. WHat do you think the airline has been doing in the 2+ months between the accident and the firing?

If you have some evidence the rest of us haven't seen which indicates that the outcome was not her fault nor could she have prevented it, then by all means, post it so we can all see. But in the absence of that, all the facts so far point to her screwing up and crashing the airplane with no extenuating circumstances. What do you have that contradicts that? Please post it.

By information I don't mean "might haves " and "we don't knows ", I mean facts. Lets hear them.

Last edited by A Squared; 5th Oct 2013 at 15:07.