PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2013, 14:37
EI-A330-300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why was SNN-LHR brought back then? It was axed when Belfast was opened and yet returned with some awful timings some time later. Those slots won't help Cork and Dublin is near saturation?

Also, and I am asking as I don't know, will four temporary worse paid contract staff give as good or poorer service than five full time EI career cabin crew? Are EI staff so bad? I have always liked them.
It was resumed because of political pressure, when they announced the closure it was purely for commercial reasons. Ryanair and the Government pilled on the pressure for it to be restored and it was. The route will see a large drop in capacity this winter while the slots would be well used if it wasn't operating. ORK-LHR could easily manage another flight per day.

EI have lost 163 million on SNN T/A routes between 95 and 2010, do you believe that any other carrier with no political pressure would of kept these routes with those losses.

The B757 may save the future of them but will they remain year round remains to be seen.