PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates hiring stopped????
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2013, 10:12
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For terms n conditions see longreachchina.com and tell em woodja sent you... !
With the greatest possible respect, Woodja - I'd want to see a balanced account from a line Captain not affiliated with any Australian recruitment agency working for the benefit of the airline.

I'm not saying that what you've posted isn't true, just that it raises a few eyebrows based on your previous salesman type postings about Longreach and CSA.

If there are only 30 expat Captains working at CSA despite the apparently amazing contract then this also makes me suspicious.

I hope you're right though... Even though I'm perfectly satisfied so far with what EK currently offers compared to the rest of the industry, eventually I want to go home on a reasonable contract earning at least 75% of the EK salary after tax.

I'm content, for now, but many are not and I am surprised by how many pilots I know are talking about leaving. Not with immediate intent but rather looking and investigating what is available. Talking with their wives and families about possibilties. Nothing serious at the moment.

But the same happened at GF before its mass exodus--just guys looking. But the looking is dangerous!! When people start to consider their options, get the wife involved and onside suddenly when a choice appears they may well take it.

I understand that EK has lost 85 pilots in 2 months. They probably don't care. But in the long run it may hurt them. They should be trying to keep the experience and avoiding accidents like AF and Asiana.
That's a different experience than the one I generally get. Most guys I fly with are happy with the job, don't seem to complain too much about rosters although they dislike the bull**** that comes with it from up above. Having said that they are FOs not Captains so maybe the feeling is a little different from the left.

Interestingly most US guys I fly with are not considering a return home despite the uptake in recruitment but the US majors. I guess they've got used to the money here. Most do say they would consider a return in a few years once they've git a couple of years of command and sorted their finances. This job certainly has a shelf life. I guess the average stay is something like 10-12 years?

Last edited by Mr Good Cat; 5th Oct 2013 at 10:21.