PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Metropolitan University
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2003, 10:25
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot16,

No, I'm not sure why people are pointing towards photocopies as a negative point either. That's why I said, in an earlier post, that this may not put you off.

However, to answer your question, no not all schools use photocopies. Bristol, for example, print all of their notes on very high quality paper. Their feedback is, however, photocopied, and there is a very noticeable difference between the two.

As I've said many times before, everyone looks for different things in a school. There is no real reason why the high quality paper which Bristol use should improve the quality of their training. If you happen to think it's important, then you should take it into account when making your choice. If you don't think it's important, then don't take it into account. Personally, I think it's nice to see a school taking enough pride of their notes to put them onto decent paper using a decent printer, but I doubt it make much difference to the level of training you'll receive.

(Hope my mentioning Bristol on this thread isn't mis-leading. Since they only do distance learning, you won't even be considering them as an alternative to LGU. I only mention them because they are the only school I have first-hand experience of.)

FFF
-------------