PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Cancelled Kangaroo
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2003, 10:12
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buster... All in a perfect world, which unfortunately we don't live in. Your customers also have deadlines which should be one of the more important factors to ANY service company. If you've no intention of flying the RPT run at that time, then they shouldn't sell the tickets for it. I'm well aware of the $$ position in not running a less than full a/c, but RPT in it's correct sense is something of a scheduled beast.

EWL wrote:
The only ones who have a right to whine are those that paid premium fares as in J class and full or close to full Y class.
Why? If anyone offers a "special", it's because they want to fill more seats on an a/c that might be less than full, not turn around and say to YOUR clients, "sorry, you'll just have to wait".

Not that I'd ever do this mind you, but I wonder what reaction I'd get out of QF travel if I told them that one their clients were not at the office half an hour before the a/c was scheduled to leave, so therefore I sent the a/c (with it's other pax) to it's destination, sans that one pax, and then sent them the bill for the charter regardless? But that, as I said, will never happen.

Don't start me on QF check-in types, SY on the 17th of Jan this year muchly changed my the way I view customer service in this day and age. I saw a fantastic demonstration of how not to handle a pax who was less than 5 mins late for the required 30 mins prior to boarding.

Even the offer of delving into the baggage for the asic card and the offer to load my own bags met with a blank stare..... I know I was late and I accept it, but the stubborn obstinance of them to even get them to try and get a message to the people waiting for me in ADL (bear in mind not everyone in the world over there has a mobile phone), was a real pain in the butt. I did travel, two hours later, and met a very pi$$ed-off couple of people there to pick me up.

Wouldn't a "looser" interpretation of "the Spirit of Australia" slogan... (ie: Aussie people in general), be "She'll be right mate!" or "no worries, I'll see what I can do". Me thinks, time to change the slogan.