PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Aviation/Austin Aviation
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2013, 16:31
Bobby92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been well and truly had

Having been whittled down from 200 to 10 applicants(apparently) I had my flight training today whether to see if I had the natural ability to fly a helicopter. After being told that I would have to pay for it as they had to use a 3rd party as well( Austin aviation, I'm sure these 2 companys both **** from the same pot btw) £290. I had my concerns but as they told me it would be 2-3 hours training I thought at the least I'd have an hours flying experience. 1st of all when I logged myself in at there office 1st thing I was told to do was to sign a disclaimer that I wouldn't ask for a refund, after that I was shown to Austin aviation with 9 other people for a pre flight briefing( I can only imagine that the missing 1 out of the 10 clued on these were con merchants) which taught us how helicopters work. When we were finished there we were told to decide between ourselves who has which turn in the helicopter. To my dismay we had literally a 10 minute flight in the helicopter with mr Alan austin( if that's his real name.) when the flight was over each person coming out of the helicopter was given a test which didnt even relate to what we had been taught. We were given 20 multiple choice mind boggling questions and weren't told that you had to finish the 20 questions by the time the next candidate was finished flying the helicopter(10mins) I was told just to tick the questions off quickly as it didnt matter( probably didnt as they probably have no intention of giving anyone a trainee helicopter job). They said they'd be in touch within the next 2 weeks if I'm successful which I doubt anyone who hàs applied for it has been. Thing is Mohammed said his interview was Monday morning and mine being Friday lunchtime, my thinking is they've had a 10 candidate session each morning and same for the afternoons so for a week of people being duped they're making £29000 off vulnerable people such as myself wanting to better him/herself in this current financial climate, being sold a dream of a better life. I just want whoever reads this to spread the message loud and clear STAY AWAY FROM SENIOR HELICOPTERS & AUSTIN AVIATION!!!!!! I've read that it's not just midlands they're targeting, they've advertised the same position in Chester as well as probably many other places. I'm not expecting to get my money back but I do want people who are looking to better themselves not to be fooled like I was( and probably 100s of others) if it sounds to good to be true 99.999999999% of the time It probably is. As for jerrysenior how do you sleep at night?