PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seat survey: 2/3 of pax never recline
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2013, 09:13
ruddman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trouble with long haul seats is that they recline further back. So if you're awake sitting up playing golf on the entertainment system and the guy in front reclines, there goes all hope of anything with a head basically sitting in your lap.

A hard one because to sleep, some reclining helps. But too much affects the person behind.

But I have the solution. Only fly during the daytime. Personally I think all this leave at certain hours, fly through the night, land in the early hours of the morning to give the impression you have actually have travelled all night and jet lag wont be a problem, mood lighting features etc, is one big SCAM.

So why do airlines spend millions on the latest entertainment systems for the aircraft if you get to spend a few measley hours at best using it, having a couple meals perhaps and thats it?

Fly (mostly) through the daylight hours, which means more movies to watch. More golf to play. More free food and drink from the service. More moneys worth!! I dont want to pay a couple grand to just sleep.

So indeed, I've solved the problem. Don't all congratulate me at one guys.

But the BIG problem is this. Aircraft manufactures making more fuel efficient aircraft. Or bigger.

We dont WANT bigger. We WANT FASTER!!!!!!!!!!