PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "I have control and communications, ECAM actions"
Old 4th Oct 2013, 07:52
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 203 Likes on 41 Posts
Even if you activate it inadvertently, it is no big deal. It is not like switching off an IDG. fly selected until you can go head down and recover the phase you want.
For those unaware of how to recover the phase, just re-enter your current CRZ LEVEL on the PROG PAGE and you'll be back in ALT CRZ and the Cruise Phase.

T972 - we still call 70 knots during decel on an RTO.....just a reminder that, AS LONG AS YOU DONT NEED IT, reverse should be bought back to IDLE.

Additionally, in our outfit, any ECAM is initiated by the PF saying "Read ECAM" - this applies to level 1,2 or 3. PNF then reads the title and CONFIRMS THE FAILURE using all other resources i.e. E/WD, SD, O/Head panel/lights. PF then says "My radios, ECAM actions"......... The "Read ECAM" call is only made when the PF has the spare capacity available to interact with the PNF. Obviously this isn't an issue with AIR PACK 1 REG FAULT in the cruise but EFATO with a close in EOSID is a different matter.

Not convinced about the merits of PNF launching solo into ECAM after an RTO.....PF out of the loop with possible factors affecting EVAC decision lost due to PNF actions. Does the PNF make a "solo" DAMAGE/NO DAMAGE" during the ECAM?

Remember, it's called ECAM DISCIPLINE for a reason - stick to the rules, read/analyse carefully what it's asking and you won't go wrong.