PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skymarshals now? Where do we go from here?
Old 13th Sep 2001, 09:36
Roadtrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apollo - "whatever you call it"???? It's mass-murder, not an accident, not stupidity.

Airport security is the first line. An armed flightdeck crew is the LAST line. As was proved on the 11th, the first line failed and can be expected to fail in the future regardless of improvements.

If you think preboarding security can be improved to 100%, then you won't mind my weapon, because it'll be neatly packed within grasp and never taken out. THE DEFENSE OF MY LIFE AND THOSE OF MY CREW AND PASSENGERS BECOMES MY JOB WHEN THE OTHER MEASURES HAVE FAILED. An armed flight deck crew is the last line of defense and MAYBE the difference between a dead hijacker or thousands of dead Americans. If you were the pilot on one of our hijacked airplanes with a suicidal terrorist, would you want a weapon at your disposal, or would you rather thousands of Americans die to satisfy your firearm phobias. How many days a year to you spend airborne doing your job and what risk to you expose yourself to day in and day out?

I, however, understand your thinking. My next door neighbor is a Canadian who moved from Canada years ago because of the mindless liberal mindset (plus decent medical care, etc). I thought he was exagerating when he told me about it, but I'm beginning to see his point.