PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Ferrying???
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2003, 06:45
onedaymaybe?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flying school I used to fly with in Sydney , Australia are involved with a lot of ferrying, mainly between Australia and the USA & Europe.

One of the 2 Chief Flying Instructors spends most of the time it appears flying around the would flying everything from Cessna 172's to Kingairs for new aircraft owners.

It is always worth e-mailing them and talking to them about what is really involved with Ferrying. I know they are a great bunch and will happily answer any questions you have. Mind you the pilots are in the 20,000 hr region and are extremly experienced.

As the previous people have said it is a very exciting job, yet from talking to the pilots involved, it has been also a very frightening experience at times too. Single Engine over sparse areas, Often Hours from an airfield.

Their website even has a mention of ferrying in it and there is a great diary kept up by the club on a day to day level. With reports from the pilots of where they are and what they are doing. It does read as a great diary of a ferry pilot.

The School is called Clamback & Hennessy.

I am sure they will happily respond to any questions you may ask.

They have been very pilote and very useful to me in the past.