PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing distance acc. to EASA Part-NCC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 23:08
Yogibaboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landing distance acc. to EASA Part-NCC

Hi,

I am browsing EASA Part-NCC regulations wondering how can they affect operations from short runway airports. I have found that:

NCC.POL.135 Landing — aeroplanes
The pilot-in-command shall ensure that at any aerodrome or operating site, after clearing all obstacles in the approach path by a safe margin, the aeroplane shall be able to land and stop, or a seaplane to come to a satisfactorily low speed, within the landing distance available. Allowance shall be made for expected variations in the approach and landing techniques, if such allowance has not been made in the scheduling of performance data.

Last sentence (in bold) is crucial. Colleague of mine suggested that means I should use the same landing distance factor as published in EASA Part-CAT:

CAT.POL.A.230 Landing — dry runways
(a) The landing mass of the aeroplane determined in accordance with CAT.POL.A.105(a) for the estimated time of landing at the destination aerodrome and at any alternate aerodrome shall allow a full stop landing from 50 ft above the threshold:
(1) for turbo-jet powered aeroplanes, within 60 % of the landing distance available (LDA); and
(2) for turbo-propeller powered aeroplanes, within 70 % of the LDA.

What is your opinion?

Rgds, Yogi